FATHER’S DAY POP QUIZ OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: FATHER’S DAY POP QUIZ TRIVIA CONTEST
Market(s)/Station(s): Abilene, TX (KTXS), Albany, NY (WCWN,WRGB), Amarillo, TX (KVII), Asheville, NC (WLOS), Austin, TX (KEYE), Bakersfield, CA (KBAK, KBFX), Baltimore, MD (WBFF), Beaumont, TX (KFDM, KFDM 6.3), Birmingham, AL (WBMA), Boise, ID (KBOI), Butte/Missoula, MT (KTVM, KECI), Cedar Rapids, IA (KGAN), Charleston, SC (WCIV), Charleston, WV (WCHS), Chattanooga, TN (WTVC), Cincinnati, OH (WKRC), Columbia, MO (KRCG), Columbus, OH (WSYX), Dayton, OH (WKEF), El Paso, TX (KDBC, KFOX), Eugene, OR (KMTR, KVAL), Flint, MI (WEYI), Fresno, CA (KMPH), Grand Rapids, MI (WWMT), Green Bay, WI (WLUK), Greensboro, NC (WXLV), Greenville, NC (WCTI), Harrisburg, PA (WHP), Johnstown, PA (WJAC), Kirksville-Ottumwa, MO (KTVO), Las Vegas, NV (KSNV), Lincoln, NE (KHGI), Little Rock, AR (KATV), Macon, GA (WGXA), Myrtle Beach, SC (WPDE), Nashville, TN (WZTV), Oklahoma City, OK (KOKH), Yakima-Pasco-Richland-Kennewick, WA (KIMA/KEPR), Pensacola, FL (WEAR), Portland, ME (WGME, WPFO), Portland, OR (KATU), Providence, RI (WJAR), Quincy, IL (KHQA), Redding, CA (KRCR), Reno, NV (KRNV, KRXI), Roanoke, VA (WSET), Rochester, NY (WHAM, WUHF), Salt Lake City, UT (KUTV), San Antonio, TX (KABB, WOAI), Seattle, WA (KOMO), South Bend, IN (WSBT), Spring-Champ, IL (WICS, WRSP), Steubenville, OH (WTOV), Syracuse, NY (WSTM, WTVH), Traverse City, MI (WPBN), Tri Cities, TN (WCYB), Tulsa, OK (KTUL), Washington, DC (WJLA), West Palm Beach, FL (WPEC).
Company Address: Sinclair Television Group, Inc., 10706 Beaver Dam Road, Cockeysville, Maryland 21030
Contest Area: The designated market areas (“DMA’s”) for each of the Markets/Stations listed above, as determined by The Nielsen Company.
Sponsor(s): Sinclair Television Group, Inc.
Prize Provider(s): Sinclair Television Group, Inc.
Prize Distributor: Tremendous, Inc.
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18)
Contest Period: June 5, 2023, to June 16, 2023
Program to Watch: Watch the Station’s morning news Monday through Thursday during the Contest Period for the QR Code link to the trivia question. Check the Station’s Website (listed below) for the Station’s morning news schedule in your Market.
Entries Due: June 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, and 15, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per person per day (Monday through Thursday).
Drawing Date(s): June 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, and 16, 2023.
Number of Daily Winners on Each Drawing Date: Fifty-Nine (59) (One Daily Winner Monday through Thursday from each of the Markets/Stations). For the avoidance of doubt, for cases in which there are two television stations in a Market, there will be one (1) Daily Winner for the Market, and not one Daily Winner per television station in the Market.
Total Number of Winners: Four Hundred Seventy-Two (472)
Prize(s) and Value(s): One (1) $100 Visa Gift card (digital). The total value of each Prize is $100. Visa eGift Card can be redeemed online or in stores everywhere contactless Visa debit cards are accepted in the U.S. No cash or ATM access.
Station’s Website: See listing below.
Each Station’s site has adopted this privacy statement to the extent applicable and said policy may be found on each Station’s website listed above.
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://sbgi.net/terms-conditions
Each Station’s site has adopted these website terms and conditions to the extent applicable and said terms and conditions may be found on each Station’s website listed above.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, during each of the Markets/Stations Program to Watch, a QR code will appear on the screen. Use a QR code reader (scanner) on your mobile device to access the contest and enter. Data rates may apply. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, click the play button, and answer the trivia question(s) in the provided area, and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
SMS Notification Opt-In
At the time of entry, entrants will have the option, but are not required, to provide the cell phone number for their mobile device to receive notifications only in the event they are a winner. The authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant. Entrants must use a participating service provider in order to opt-in to this method of notification. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.
Standard text message and data rates may apply to all text messages sent or received. Entrants who opt-in to receive text notifications will receive up to three (3) text messages relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. Entrant’s mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans.
Text STOP to Short Code 22854 to cancel. Text HELP to Short Code 22854 for help.
Opt-out and help requests are managed by Telescope Inc. and may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Win
The Number of Daily Winners on each Drawing Date will be selected by random drawing from among valid and correct entries received, and receive the Daily Prize. There will be one Daily Winner from each of the Markets/Stations Contest Area. For the avoidance of doubt, for cases in which there are two television stations in a Market, there will be one (1) Daily Winner for the Market, and not one Daily Winner per television station in the Market. Remaining valid and correct entries will not carry over to the next daily Drawing Date.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Residents and Citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, LLC, Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Stations (collectively, the “Company Entities”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), Prize Distributor, contest software providers, SMS providers, social media platforms, local sponsors, each of their parents and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Company Entities are not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if winner notification text message is not received. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company Entities and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Company Entities cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Company Entities are not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Distributor’s standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates.
4. Each winner will be notified by email, and by text (if participant opts into text message notifications). Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Company at the time of notification. Each winner must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received by Company within four (4) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize. Each winner must prove their identity with a valid driver’s license or state-issue ID, either in person or via digital ID Verification to claim his/her prize. Company reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the Prize will be forfeited, and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries for the respective Market. If the alternate winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not sign the release and affidavit of eligibility in a timely manner, then the Prize will be forfeited. If an alternate winner’s Prize is forfeited, then, the Prize will remain the property of the Prize Provider.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of the Company. The Company has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company Entities, Sponsor(s), Prize Distributor, and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any Prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company Entities, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the Prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available on each of the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Company at the Company Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Company has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Company shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Company reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Company reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Company’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Company’s control.
KFDM 6.3 https://fox4beaumont.com